This is an out and back course in Moraine State Park. This is the same route used by the Glacier Ridge Ultra and can be either a 30K, 50K or even a 50miles training course. See the race website for more information. This trail is not so difficult, has more rolling hills than the Laurel Highland (for example, the Laurel Highland elevation is about 1500 feet; the maximum elevation on this trail is 300 feet, not so difficult). The elevation profile and route for the 30K option can be see here.
If you want to run and come with friends that are not really runner-friendly, they can hang out on the beach close to the trail or use the bike trail next to the starting line. So, training in this area can accommodate everybody!
- Meeting point: McDanel's Boat Launch: https://goo.gl/maps/pNMyj
- Map of Moraine State Park to find the Boat Launch and where is the trail: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_003617.pdf
- Elevation profile of the course: http://www.glacierridgetrailultra.com/COURSE/COURSE-PROFILES---ALL.pdf
- 30K map: http://www.glacierridgetrailultra.com/30K_MAP_v1.pdf
- Description of the trail: http://www.glacierridgetrailultra.com/COURSE/course.html